24 April, 2011

The 30-Day Challenge: Day Twenty-Nine

So, I've tossed around the idea of playing along with this facebook trend for some time. But I've never really enjoyed following trends. However, my apparent narcissism keeps bringing me back to it.

That being said, I'm going to participate, but I'm going to do it here, instead of on facebook. (The goal is to satisfy my narcissism, as well as motivate me to start using my blog again.) Enjoy!


Day Twenty-Nine - A picture that can always make you smile.

Here's another prompt that I feel I've addressed already. To be fair, this could be just because I always associate smiling and laughing. Although, quite a few of the photos I've chosen during this challenge-process could be used today make me laugh and smile, probably because I always take photos that make me laugh. (For those of you too lazy to follow links, consider that paragraph a montage of this 30-Day Challenge; all it needed was some music).

The photo above was taken Easter Sunday, 2009--which happened to fall the first weekend of my spring break studying abroad. I attended Easter Mass in St. Peter's Square, with the Pope presiding. In an effort to make my life as full-circle as possible, I thought it was the best picture given today (and I wore that shirt this morning). It was a wonderful experience to get an opportunity to go the Vatican and see everything, but to do it on such a day, and get to see the Mass in all it's grandeur was really something.

Also (shameless self-promotion warning), I did write a song about my Sunday that year.

No comments:

Post a Comment