03 April, 2011

The 30-Day Challenge: Day Fifteen

So, I've tossed around the idea of playing along with this facebook trend for some time. But I've never really enjoyed following trends. However, my apparent narcissism keeps bringing me back to it.

That being said, I'm going to participate, but I'm going to do it here, instead of on facebook. (The goal is to satisfy my narcissism, as well as motivate me to start using my blog again.) Enjoy!


Day Fifteen - A picture of something you want to do before you die.

One thing that's ALWAYS been on my bucket list is running a marathon. I've loved running most of my life, and the thought of running a marathon seems like a tremendous feat I'd like to say I have done. I'd be lying if I said the thought of running that much didn't scare the holy polka-dots out of me, but I hope it is something I can some time in my life man-up and do.

The picture above is from my semester abroad. Because I was there in the spring, I got to enjoy seeing the London Marathon one Saturday. It was a huge phenomenon that consumed much of the city. I rushed around, trying to capture images and emotions from various legs of the long trek. The photo is what I'd hope to see if I ever ran--the finish line. The final metres of the race take runners in front of Buckingham Palace and down the Mall.

I do love running. Twenty-Six miles is soo long, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment