20 April, 2011

The 30-Day Challenge: Day Twenty-Six

So, I've tossed around the idea of playing along with this facebook trend for some time. But I've never really enjoyed following trends. However, my apparent narcissism keeps bringing me back to it.

That being said, I'm going to participate, but I'm going to do it here, instead of on facebook. (The goal is to satisfy my narcissism, as well as motivate me to start using my blog again.) Enjoy!


Day Twenty-Six - A picture of something that means a lot to you.

Quite a few things mean a lot to me, so much so that I wasn't sure what I should upload. To alleviate such a dilemma, I looked at my life in its current situation, and decided what really has my passion right now is improv. Above is my friend Andrew and myself performing a scene during my final improv show as a Puma. I started doing improvisational comedy as a freshman at Saint Joseph's College, which is really when I began doing performing arts.

Improvisational comedy has become my outlet for everything. It has become a hobby and creative outlet; it's given me something beautiful and fun to do outside of my "daily grind" of school, students, home. While the photo above is of my time as an undergrad in Production Under Construction, I'm currently a member of Ad Liberation--a group started in Lafayette. On top of that, I've started to make contacts with a local improv group, GoProv, to broaden my improv horizons. All of this has happened within the last couple of months, and has really given me something to enjoy while I transition into the next phase of my life.


UPDATE: There are photos from Ad Liberation's first show!! I don't want to change the photo that's there, so here's a link to tons of great photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment