17 April, 2011

The 30-Day Challenge: Day Twenty-Four

So, I've tossed around the idea of playing along with this facebook trend for some time. But I've never really enjoyed following trends. However, my apparent narcissism keeps bringing me back to it.

That being said, I'm going to participate, but I'm going to do it here, instead of on facebook. (The goal is to satisfy my narcissism, as well as motivate me to start using my blog again.) Enjoy!


Day Twenty-Four - A picture of something you crave a lot.

This photo is from my first week in London. They challenged us with a city-wide scavenger hunt. Some asked for photos, others asked for information or pamphlets. We needed a photo of the lions in Trafalgar's square, and got a bonus point for climbing up them first.

This may come as no surprise, given my constant need to talk about it--particularly on this blog--I crave London. I absolutely loved every minute of my time there, and I long to go back. If I could make a living there, doing whatever I could, I would. Without hesitation. Part of me feels guilty saying something like that. It almost feels wrong or disloyal to want to leave--leaving not just my country, state and city, but my family and friends. However, I would if given the opportunity, and I'd probably do it with little hesitation. I hope that doesn't make me a bad, or selfish person (it probably does), but I cannot help but feel drawn to the city and the culture. If expatriate was a legitimate career choice, it would be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment