29 March, 2011

The 30-Day Challenge: Day Twelve

So, I've tossed around the idea of playing along with this facebook trend for sometime. But I've never really enjoyed following trends. However, my apparent narcissism keeps bringing me back to it.

That being said, I'm going to participate, but I'm going to do it here, instead of on facebook. (The goal is to satisfy my narcissism, as well as motivate me to start using my blog again.) Enjoy!



Day Twelve - A picture of something you love.

I love quite a lot of things and people. I've been told before that I throw that word around with too high a frequency. Choosing just one thing of which I love to upload a photo was rather daunting. This photo represents one of my most intimate loves--comedy. I love comedy. I love laughing; I love making people laugh. Improv has always been an obsession of mine, currently rekindled by the new improv group started in Lafayette. Outside of the realm of improv, stand-up is my other passion. I try to consume stand-up comedy by the boatload. The picture above was my first foray into stand-up comedy. After four years meeting comedians, working with my university's activities board, I'd gotten the itch, and it was severe. With the help of a friend, I took part in a "home-grown" comedy show, where a few students did comedy sets.

I thought my set went really well. I had a blast, and it seemed like people laughed. In the aftermath, it was obvious that I offended some people with some of my jokes. Alas, it made me laugh, and I'm proud of what I did. I hope that I'll get a chance to perform comedy like that again. I've intermittently written some jokes since then, but nothing overly outstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment